As a Silver level Carbon Charter award holder, we are delighted to have been recognised for good practice carbon saving, with successes already made and opportunities to do more.
Our head office at Claydon was built to high specifications for energy efficiency. Unavoidable emissions are offset and since January 2019, electricity is 100% from renewable sources. Energy is also saved by everyday practices, such as:
- Turning off appliances
- Car sharing protocols and public transport support
- Robust recycling waste organisation, and shredding becomes compost
- More energy efficient laptops deployed instead of PC towers
- No more disposable cups
- We have actively chosen a Carbon Neutral premises.
- We choose better quality, higher cost products, demonstrating long-term thinking and commitment.
- Our local procurement preference helps to reduce travel emissions.
- Our selection of FSC paper for printed material.
- Ongoing communication with our landlord to steer toward Carbon saving.
- We offer distanced services to customers.
- We are part of a World Land Trust sponsored building-wide scheme to offset energy consumption.
- Our support and advice to renewable energy projects and investment opportunities within our client base.
For more information and to see our case study on the Carbon Charter website, please click here.